We hope you'll always find value in our huge library of ebooks, audiobooks, news, magazines, sheet music, and more. That being said, we understand that sometimes we have to say goodbye. That's why we make it easy to cancel your subscription.
Can we try to make it right? We want to hear from you! Contact Scribd support to let us know how we can help.
Subscriptions purchased with most payment methods
If you used one of the following payment methods, you can manage your subscription at any time by signing in at Scribd and going to Your Account:
- Credit/Debit Card
- Google Pay
- Apple Pay
To cancel your Scribd subscription:
- Log into your account on the Scribd website
- Navigate to the Your Account page
- In the Subscription & Payment Details section of Your Account, click on "End My Subscription" (for some members, this may appear as "Cancel Subscription")
- Once you click on the link to start the cancellation process, you'll see a few pages of confirmations. Read and review before moving forward.
- You’ll know that your subscription has been successfully canceled when you see a confirmation message displayed. We'll also send a confirmation email to the email address registered to your Scribd account.
Subscriptions purchased through iTunes / App Store
If you'd like to place your subscription on hold and stop any further payments, you can do so right within your Apple account.
To cancel your Scribd subscription purchased via Apple iTunes:
On a Mac:
- Open the App Store;
- Select the sign-in button or your name from the bottom of the sidebar;
- Click View Information at the top of the window;
- Scroll down to Subscriptions and click Manage;
- Locate Scribd and select the option to Edit;
- Select Cancel Subscription to confirm your cancellation.
On an iPhone or iPad:
- Access Settings on your device;
- Select your Apple ID;
- Now, tap Subscriptions and select Scribd;
- Tap Cancel Subscription to confirm your cancellation.
Subscriptions purchased through Google Play
To cancel, pause, or change your subscription purchased through Google Play, you can do so through your Google Play account.
On a computer:
- Visit play.google.com
- Sign in to the correct Google Account
- On the left, select My Subscriptions
- Locate your Scribd subscription, click Manage and then select Cancel subscription
- When you see the confirmation pop-up, select Yes
On an Android device:
- Open the Google Play app
- At the top right, tap the profile icon
- Select Payments & Subscriptions, then Subscriptions
- Locate your Scribd subscription
- Select Cancel Subscription
For more detailed information on managing your Google Play subscription, please visit Google Play support. Of course, if you have additional questions please contact Scribd support, and we’ll be happy to help!
Subscriptions purchased through Boku (formerly Fortumo)
Some Scribd customers pay for their subscription as part of their monthly mobile phone bill, also known as direct carrier billing. This payment method is provided by Boku, a third-party payment processor, to eligible Scribd users in Indonesia. If your purchase has been processed as part of your mobile phone bill, please contact Boku support to cancel your subscription.
If you’re unsure of your payment method, please contact Scribd support for further assistance.
What happens if I cancel in the middle of my subscription period?
Good news! The time you’ve already paid for is yours to keep - that means you can continue logging into and enjoying Scribd’s full library up until the last day of your billing cycle.
For example: If you started a monthly subscription on January 1st, you would have all of January to keep reading, even if you canceled on January 15th.
What happens to my account after I cancel my subscription?
After your subscription is canceled and expires, your free Scribd account will remain active — so you’ll still be able to share documents and use Scribd’s free features. Though you cannot access premium content, any titles you have saved and your reading history will remain intact if you ever decide to resubscribe. This also includes any notes, highlights, or bookmarks you’ve added in the past.
Please keep in mind, any Scribd Perks that you previously redeemed will either self-expire after a period of time or automatically cancel at the same time your Scribd subscription is canceled. Scribd Perks are only available for as long as your Scribd subscription remains active.
Deleting your account
In some cases, you may decide that you would like to fully delete your account with Scribd. We have a step-by-step guide on deleting your Scribd account completely in our support article, "How do I delete my Scribd account?"
Note: If you have an active subscription, you will not be able to delete your account without first canceling your subscription and allowing it to expire.
Still need help? You're always welcome to contact Scribd support for additional assistance.