If you’ve logged in and see a notice that your membership is on hold due to a problem with your payment, this indicates that we were unable to bill you for your last scheduled subscription renewal. The most common payment issues include:
- The payment account is possibly lacking funds.
- The payment method has expired, or is no longer valid.
- The bank did not approve the charge.
- The payment information provided does not match what your bank has on file.
Updating your payment details will allow us to resume your subscription payments so you can continue to read uninterrupted!
Depending on how you began your subscription, you will either update your payment details with Scribd, or with your payment service provider. Please select your payment method below for more information:
- Credit/Debit Card
- PayPal or iTunes
- Apple Pay
- Google Play
- Google Pay
Subscriptions purchased directly through Scribd
If you began your subscription with a credit/debit card, you’ll manage your payment information directly on Scribd.
To update your payment details on Scribd:
- Log into your account on the website
- Click on your user picture on the top right, and select "Account Settings" from the menu
- In your Account Settings, scroll down to the "Membership & Payment Details" section
- Select "Update Payment Details" to be taken to the payment update page
- Enter your new payment details, and click "Save"
Once you’ve successfully updated your payment details, the new information will be used for your subscription renewals.
Subscriptions purchased through PayPal or iTunes:
If your subscription with us was purchased using PayPal or iTunes directly, it will be managed by PayPal or iTunes respectively. In this case, you’ll need to update your payment details associated with your PayPal or iTunes account to continue uninterrupted access to our premium features.
Subscriptions purchased through Apple Pay
On an iPhone/iPad:
- Open the Settings and select first your Apple ID, then Subscriptions.
- Tap Payment & Shipping. You may be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- To update a payment method, tap the payment method, then edit your information. You might need to enter the security code that's printed on your credit or debit card. If you see Apple Pay after the last 4 digits of the card number, go to the Wallet app to edit the card information.
On a Mac:
- Open the App Store on your Mac.
- Click your name or the sign in button at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Click View Information.
- Next to Payment Information, click Manage Payments. (If you're using an older version of macOS, click Edit to the right of Payment Type.) You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click Edit next to the payment method. You might need to enter the security code that's printed on your credit or debit card
Full instructions from Apple can be found in Apple’s help center, or visit your Apple billing settings.
Subscriptions purchased through Google Play
- Go to the Google Play site and confirm that you're signed in to the correct Google Account.
- On the left, click My subscriptions.
- Find the subscription to change the payment method.
- Click Manage.
- Next to the payment method, click Update.
Full instructions from Google can be found in Google’s help center.
Subscriptions purchased through Google Pay
- Go to Google Pay.
- At the top of the screen select Payment Methods (you may need to open the Menu icon first).
- Locate the card you wish to update and Edit.
From here you can edit the expiration date, CVC, name, or your address. Full instructions can be found in Google’s help center.
If you have any questions or need assistance, our support team has you covered! Please don’t hesitate to contact our support team, and we’ll be more than happy to help.