We hope you'll always find value in our huge library of ebooks, audiobooks, news, magazines, sheet music and more. That being said, we understand that sometimes we have to say goodbye. That's why we make it easy to cancel your subscription.
Can we try to make it right? We want to hear from you! Contact Scribd support to let us know how we can help.
Subscriptions purchased with most payment methods
If you used one of the following payment methods, you can manage your subscription at any time by signing in at Scribd and going to your Account Settings:
- Credit/Debit Card
- Google Play Store
- Google Pay
- Apple Pay
To cancel your Scribd subscription:
- Log into your account on the Scribd website
- Navigate to your Account Settings page
- In the Subscription & Payment Details section of your Account Settings, click on "End My Subscription" (for some members, this may appear as "Cancel Subscription")
- Once you click on the link to start the cancellation process, you'll see a few pages of confirmations. Read and review before moving forward.
- You’ll know that your subscription has been successfully canceled when you see a confirmation message displayed. We'll also send a confirmation email to the email address registered to your Scribd account.
Subscriptions purchased through iTunes / App Store
Subscriptions purchased via iTunes or the App store will be managed within your Apple account settings.
To cancel your Scribd subscription purchased from Apple:
- Access Settings in your device;
- Scroll down and tap iTunes and App Store;
- Tap your Apple ID then tap View Apple ID and enter your password;
- Now, tap Subscriptions and select Scribd;
- Tap Cancel Subscription to confirm your cancellation.
Subscriptions purchased through Fortumo
Some Scribd customers pay for their subscription as part of their monthly mobile phone bill, also known as direct carrier billing. This payment method is provided by Fortumo, a third party payment processor, to eligible Scribd users in Indonesia. If your purchase has been processed as part of your mobile phone bill, please contact Fortumo support to cancel your subscription: https://s.fortumo.com/
If you’re unsure of your payment method, please contact Scribd support for further assistance.
What happens if I cancel in the middle of my subscription period?
Good news! The time you’ve already paid for is yours to keep - that means you can continue logging into and enjoying Scribd’s full library up until the last day of your billing cycle.
For example: If you started a monthly subscription on January 1st, you would have all of January to keep reading, even if you canceled on January 15th.
Deleting your account
In some cases, you may decide that you would like to fully delete your account with Scribd. We have a step-by-step guide on deleting your Scribd account completely in our support article, "How do I delete my Scribd account?"
Note: If you have an active subscription, you will not be able to delete your account without first canceling your subscription and allowing it to expire.
Still need help? You're always welcome to contact Scribd support for additional assistance.