You can enjoy our content anytime, anywhere when you read with us. Scribd makes it easy to enjoy a good book at home or on the go! You can open a book from a web browser or on one of our mobile apps.
What devices work with the Scribd app?
The Scribd app works on a variety of internet-connected mobile devices and ebook readers. We're working on expanding the platforms that Scribd is available on all the time, but currently you'll be able to enjoy the Scribd app with the following devices:
- If you use an iPhone or iPad with iOS 10 or newer, check out the Scribd app in the Apple App Store to enjoy an optimized reading experience on any size screen. Once again, it does require iOS 10 or newer. We apologize for any inconvenience to the iOS 9 users out there. You can still enjoy Scribd on the mobile website but will not be able to use the Scribd app.
- If your iOS device is paired with an Apple Watch, all you have to do is start playing an audiobook from the Scribd app on the device and you'll be able to control playback using "Now Playing" on your Apple Watch. We don't currently have a standalone Apple Watch app, so if you've got Scribd installed on your iPhone or iPad, you're all set!
- If you have an Android device, be it a smartphone or tablet, our app only requires Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer. Set it up and start reading today by downloading the app from Google Play!
Please note: We actively support Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and newer. Devices with Android 4.4 (KitKat) installed will not be able to update the Scribd app beyond version 9.6.0. Meanwhile, devices running Android 4.3.1 (Jelly Bean) and earlier are no longer supported and the Scribd app is unavailable on these devices. When you’re connected to the internet, you can visit the Scribd website using the web browser on these devices.
- For Fire tablets, access to Scribd can vary depending on your device model. Generally 4th generation tablets and later should be able to support the latest version of the Scribd app. If you're running Fire OS 5 or later, you can enjoy Scribd right on your e-reader. Just download the app! Our Kindle Fire installation page has a full step-by-step guide on how to get reading with Scribd on your Fire tablet.
- If you have a Nook Tablet or Samsung Galaxy Tab Nook running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer, you can install our Android app directly from Google Play!
Unfortunately, some ebook readers can't connect to Scribd on the web or run the Scribd app, such as the Nook GlowLight, Kobo, and most versions of the Kindle. Generally speaking, you won't be able to use Scribd to its full potential with these devices compared to devices like the Fire or Nook tablets.
Is there a limit on how many browsers or devices I can use?
We do have measures in place to help prevent abuse of the site. You'll be able to read any title from the Scribd collection using up to 3 different browsers or computers within a 24-hour period. If you're using the Scribd app, you can save content on up to 4 devices for offline reading and can open any given title on up to 6 devices, although this may change for specific titles depending on the agreements that we have in place with our publishing partners. If you end up getting a message that you're using Scribd on too many devices but haven't used more than 3 browsers in a 24-hour period or used over 4 mobile devices, please contact Scribd support and we'll be able to sort out the issue for you.
How do I install the Scribd app onto my Fire tablet?
Scribd supports several models of the Fire tablet, dependent on the OS that is installed on it. The minimum requirements for installation is that the device either run Fire OS 5 or later, or run software that is the equivalent of Android Lollipop or later. This means you can use the Scribd app on 4th generation Fire tablets and newer — examples of devices we're compatible with include the Fire HD 8 and the Fire HD 10.
We apologize that we no longer support the following devices: Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (2012), Kindle Fire HD 7" (2012), Kindle Fire (2012) - 2nd gen, Kindle Fire (2011) - 1st gen.
Scribd is not currently compatible with e-ink based Kindle readers like the Kindle Paperwhite or the Kindle DX, as these devices do not allow third-party applications.
Use the premium membership to read to your heart's content!
Once you’ve installed the Scribd app on your device you can jump right into reading using your existing Scribd account by tapping "Sign In". If you need to create one, you can do so through the app as well! Just follow the prompts to "Join Now" and follow the instructions.
If you have any other questions about installing the Scribd app, please contact Scribd support — we're always glad to help. Happy reading!