The following Terms and Conditions apply only to invited participants in Scribd's Curated List Program.
The following Program Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) govern Scribd, Inc.’s (“Scribd”) use of the photo of yourself, and your name, image, likeness and biographical information that you submit to Scribd via the Curated List Program (“Appearance”) and your list of book recommendations and any other information you provide to Scribd in connection with the Program (collectively “Content”).
By checking the box or submitting Content to Scribd, you the named individual in the Program Participation Form (“you” or “I”), are indicating that you understand and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I grant to Scribd and its assignees, licensees and successors the perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, right, permission and consent to do the following in any and all forms and media now existing or hereafter created: (a) to use, reproduce, prepare derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform, display, modify and otherwise use the Content, for and in connection with the administration, marketing, promotion and advertising of the Program, Scribd and any other commercial activities of Scribd (the “Purpose”); and (b) to use my Appearance as depicted in or related to the Content or Scribd Materials (defined below) for the Purpose.
- Scribd owns and will own all materials developed or created by Scribd, or on its behalf, in which the Content may be incorporated or appear (including the Scribd platform located at www.scribd.com), and all intellectual property rights therein (“Scribd Materials”). I waive any right I may have to inspect or approve versions of the Scribd Materials or use of the Content. Scribd is under no obligation to use the Content. I understand that I will not receive any financial compensation or cash payment for the rights or permissions granted by me under these Terms.
- I represent and warrant I am the individual subject of the Appearance, I am at least 18 years of age, and I have the full right and authority to enter into these Terms. I further warrant that I have all permissions necessary to grant Scribd the rights I do under these Terms and that Scribd’s use of the Content will not infringe any copyright or other legal rights of any third party.
- I RELEASE AND HOLD SCRIBD HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL MANNER OF LIABILITIES, CLAIMS AND DEMANDS OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, THAT MAY ARISE REGARDING THE USE OF THE CONTENT (INCLUDING MY APPEARANCE) INCLUDING CLAIMS FOR INVASION OF RIGHT OF PRIVACY, INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHT OF PUBLICITY, DEFAMATION, PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER CLAIM BASED ON OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THESE TERMS, THE PROGRAM OR SCRIBD’S USE OF THE CONTENT.
- I agree that Scribd may license, assign, or otherwise transfer the rights granted to it under these Terms. This is the complete and binding agreement between Scribd and me and supersedes any other discussions or understandings I may have had with Scribd about the Content. If any provision of these Terms are invalid, the other provisions will remain in effect to the maximum extent permitted by law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the state of California without regard to the conflict of laws provision.