Each time you upload to SlideShare, you’ll be required to set a name, description, and category for your content. But what happens if you need to change this information after your upload is live? Not to worry – you can easily edit an upload’s settings whenever you want!
Finding your uploads
First, let’s take a look at where you can find your content once it’s uploaded to SlideShare. There are two different ways to locate your uploads, and we’ve outlined the steps for each below.
On the SlideShare website
- Sign in to your account on the SlideShare website
- Click on your user icon in the upper right corner of the page
- Select “My Uploads” from the drop-down menu
On the SlideShare app
- Sign in to your account on the SlideShare app
- Tap on “You” in the bottom right corner of your device’s screen
- Select “Uploads” from the navigation bar at the top of the screen
While you can view content you’ve uploaded on both the SlideShare website and app, an upload’s settings can only be edited through the SlideShare website.
Editing your upload settings
You can edit an upload’s settings from the “My Uploads” page on the SlideShare website with these steps:
- Click on the “Edit” button located under the upload you want to alter
- Select “Edit” from the drop-down menu that appears
You’ll then be routed to the upload’s edit page, where you can switch between two separate tabs to customize its individual settings. Don’t forget to click on the “Update” button within each tab to save any changes you’ve made!
Are you interested in setting rules that automatically apply to all of your uploads instead of just one? Check out our article, Your SlideShare Content Settings and Licensing for instructions on how to customize default settings for your content.
In addition to showing a timestamp for when the last update to your content was made, the “Edit Details” tab allows you to type in or select options for the following fields:
- Title – A descriptive name for your content will help others discover it
- Description – Let viewers know what your upload is about, or what they’ll learn from you
- Tags – You can list up to twenty keywords separated by commas to help viewers find your work
- Choose Category – Pick the subject your upload relates to most from a list of options
- Language – Set the primary language for your upload
- Player Background Color – Choose between a black or white background for your content when it’s viewed in full-screen mode
- Choose a license – You reserve all rights to the content you upload by default, or you can apply a particular Creative Commons license to your work
The “Privacy Settings” tab will differ in options depending on the Visibility you select for your upload.
If you set your upload to “Public”, it will be visible to anyone. You can then choose if you want to:
- Allow viewers to download your upload
- Allow others to clip slides from your upload
- Allow the embedding of your upload on other websites
- Disable embedding of your upload
If you set your upload to “Private”, you can choose if you want to make your upload visible to only yourself, or to anyone with the link.
Should you select to make your upload visible to anyone with its direct link, you’ll have the option to protect it with a password, and set download permissions for viewers.
If you have further questions on your upload settings or need additional assistance, just let our SlideShare Support team know – we’re always happy to help!