SlideShare’s clipping feature allows you to pull individual slides from presentations into your own collection (clipboard)! You can use clips to bookmark and organize memorable slides for reference at another time.
Clipping and clipboard access is not currently available through the SlideShare mobile app.
As long as a SlideShare user hasn’t disabled the clipping feature for their content, and the content was uploaded as a presentation, you’ll see the option to clip from their work. By default, any clips you make will be added to the “My Clips” clipboard.
Adding a clip to your clipboard
To clip content from a presentation:
- Sign in to your SlideShare account
- Navigate to the presentation and the slide you want to clip
- Move your cursor into the right corner of the content viewer
- Click on the ribbon shaped icon that appears
- The content clip will be added to your “My Clips” clipboard
You can also add the clip to a different clipboard. After completing the steps above, click on the ribbon icon a second time, and select the clipboard you want the clip saved to.
Deleting a clip from your clipboard
To delete a clip from your clipboard:
- Click “View Clipboard” on the board containing the clip you want to delete
- Hover over the clip
- Select the trash can icon that appears in the right corner of the clip
- The clip will instantly be deleted from the clipboard
Your clipboard is where you can view all the clips and clipboards you’ve created in one place. You can create custom clipboards to keep your clips organized, edit existing clipboards, or delete entire collections if needed!
Viewing your clipboard
To access the slides that you've clipped while signed in to your account:
- Click on your account icon in the upper right corner of the page
- Select “My Clipboards” from the drop-down menu
- Open the clipboard you want to browse to see its clips
Creating a clipboard
To create a new clipboard:
- In “My Clipboards” click the “Create a clipboard” option
- Provide a name, description, and set visibility preferences for your clipboard
- The new clipboard will now appear in “My Clipboards”
Editing a clipboard
To edit an existing clipboard:
- Click “View Clipboard” on the clipboard you want to edit
- Select the “More” button in the upper-right corner of the clipboard’s page
- Choose “Edit” from the drop-down menu
- Edit your clipboard’s name, description, and visibility preferences as desired
- Click on the “Save” button
Deleting a clipboard
If you want to delete a clipboard:
- From “My Clipboards” hover over the clipboard you want to delete
- Click on the trash can icon that appears in the right corner of the clipboard
- Confirm you want to delete the clipboard by selecting “Delete”
If you have additional questions about clipping, or need assistance with something not listed here, don’t hesitate in contacting our SlideShare Support team. We’re always ready to help!