The clipping feature on SlideShare allows you to pull individual slides from presentations into your own collection (clipboard). You can use clips to bookmark, collect, and organize memorable slides that you'd like to reference at another time.
If a SlideShare user enabled the clipping feature for their SlideShare presentation, there will be a Clip slide icon in the upper right corner of the presentation.
To clip a slide from a SlideShare presentation:
- Navigate to the SlideShare presentation you’d like to use the clipping feature on.
- Move your cursor over the upper right corner of the slide you want to clip.
- Click the Clip slide button.
- A confirmation banner will appear below the presentation indicating that the clip has been added to your default clipboard called My Clips, or your most recently used clipboard.
To access the slides that you've clipped:
- Move your cursor over your profile picture in the upper right corner of any SlideShare page and select My Clipboards from the dropdown.
- Move your cursor over a specific clipboard and click View clipboard to see all the clips on that clipboard.
- You can change the clipboard, or create a new one, by clicking Change clipboard in the confirmation banner.
- You can remove a clip from the My Clipboards page. Select the clipboard that the clip you’d like to remove is located in. Move your cursor over the upper right corner of the slide you want to remove and click the Trash icon.
- You can currently only clip slides from presentations (not documents, infographics, or videos). Some authors may disable clipping from their presentations. In these cases, you won't see the Clip slide option on the presentation.