On SlideShare, you have complete control over how widely available your work is to others. If you want to prevent content you’ve uploaded from being downloaded, you can disable the download option by following the steps below:
- Sign in to your account on the SlideShare website
- Click on your account icon in the upper right corner of the page
- Select “My Uploads” from the drop-down menu
- Click on the “Edit” button below the upload you want to disable downloads for
- Select “Edit” from the menu that appears
- Navigate to the “Privacy Settings” tab
- Next to “Allow users: to download?”, select the option for “No”
- Click the “Update” button on the bottom of the page
In addition to altering download permissions for an individual upload, you can also set default permissions for all of your uploads. This gives you the ability to make all of your content unavailable for download. For more information, take a look at our article on SlideShare content settings and licensing.
If you’d like to learn more about the various settings available for uploads, we recommend reading our article on upload settings. Of course, if you have any additional questions, please let our support team know! We’re always happy to help.