If you’ve logged in and see a notice that your subscription is on hold due to a problem with your payment, this indicates that we were unable to bill you for your last scheduled renewal. The most common payment issues include:
- The payment account may be lacking funds.
- The payment method has expired or is no longer valid.
- Your bank did not approve the charge.
- The payment information provided does not match what your bank has on file.
Updating your payment details will allow us to resume your subscription payments so you can continue to read uninterrupted.
Depending on how you began your subscription, you will either update your payment details with us or with your payment service provider. Please select your payment method below for more information.
Subscriptions purchased directly through a Scribd product
If you began your subscription with a credit/debit card, you’ll manage your payment information directly on Scribd or Everand. SlideShare users can manage many account settings directly on SlideShare, but will need to visit their account page on Scribd to manage their subscription.
To update your payment details with Scribd, Inc.:
- Log into your account on Scribd or Everand
- Click on your user picture on the top right, and select "Your Account" from the menu
- In your Account Settings, scroll down to the "Membership & Payment Details" section
- Select "Update Payment Details" to be taken to the payment update page
- Enter your new payment details, and click "Save"
Once you’ve successfully updated your payment details, the new information will be used for your subscription renewals.
Subscriptions purchased through PayPal or the App Store
If your subscription with us was purchased using PayPal or the App Store directly, it will be managed by PayPal or the App Store respectively. In this case, you’ll need to update your payment details associated with your PayPal or App Store account to restore your access to our premium features.
Subscriptions purchased through Apple Pay
On an iPhone/iPad:
- Open the Settings and select first your Apple ID, then Subscriptions.
- Tap Payment & Shipping. You may be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- To update a payment method, tap the payment method, then edit your information. You might need to enter the security code that's printed on your credit or debit card. If you see Apple Pay after the last 4 digits of the card number, go to the Wallet app to edit the card information.
On a Mac:
- Open the App Store on your Mac.
- Click your name or the sign-in button at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Click View Information.
- Next to Payment Information, click Manage Payments. (If you're using an older version of macOS, click Edit to the right of Payment Type.) You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click Edit next to the payment method. You might need to enter the security code that's printed on your credit or debit card
Full instructions from Apple can be found in Apple’s help center, or visit your Apple billing settings.
Subscriptions purchased through Google Play
- Go to the Google Play site.
- Click the user icon in the upper right corner.
- Confirm you're logged into the correct Google account before proceeding.
- In the account menu, select Payments & Subscriptions.
- Under the Payment Methods tab, select the payment method you wish to add or update.
Full instructions from Google can be found in Google’s help center.
Subscriptions purchased through Google Pay
- Go to Google Pay.
- At the top of the screen select Payment Methods (you may need to open the Menu icon first).
- Locate the card you wish to update and Edit.
From here you can edit the expiration date, CVC, name, or your address. Full instructions can be found in Google’s help center.
Adding backup payment information
Including a backup payment method helps to ensure that, should there be an issue processing your renewal with your primary payment, your subscription will continue uninterrupted. It also allows you greater control over your subscription, by allowing you to change your preferred payment to fit your needs.
You can keep up to three methods of payment on file for your Scribd account, although only one will be designated as your preferred payment method. To add backup payment information:
- Visit your account page on the Scribd or Everand websites.
- Under Payment information, you will see your current payment method listed. Select the option to Manage this payment.
- You will now see all available payment methods listed, with the options to Make preferred or Remove for each. Select the button to Add a payment method.
- Enter your payment information and save.
If you have any questions or need assistance, our support team has you covered! Please don’t hesitate to contact our support team, and we’ll be more than happy to help.