If for any reason you need to update the payment details used for your subscription renewals, this guide covers updating payment details for subscriptions purchased directly through Scribd. If your subscription is managed via a third party (Apple iTunes, PayPal, etc.), you’ll need to manage your payment details on that service directly.
Subscriptions purchased directly through Scribd:
To update your payment details on Scribd:
- Log into your Scribd account on the Scribd.com website
- Click on your user picture on the top right, and select "Account Settings" from the menu
- In your Account Settings, scroll down to the "Membership & Payment Details" section
- Select "Update Payment Details" to be taken to the payment update page
- Enter your new payment details, and click "Save"
Once you’ve successfully updated your payment details, the new card will be used for your subscription renewals.
If you’re seeing a notice after logging in that your membership is on hold due to a problem with your last payment, this indicates that we were unable to bill you for your last scheduled subscription renewal. This may be caused by:
- Payment method possibly lacking funds.
- Payment method has expired, or is no longer valid.
- Bank did not approve the charge.
- Payment information provided does not match what your bank has on file.
Updating your payment details will allow us to resume your subscription payments so you can continue to read uninterrupted!
If your subscription with us was purchased using PayPal or iTunes directly, it will be managed by PayPal or iTunes respectively. In this case, you’ll need to update your payment details associated with your PayPal or iTunes account to continue uninterrupted access to our premium features.
Of course, if you have any questions or need assistance, our support team has you covered! Please don’t hesitate to contact our support team, and we’d be more than happy to help.