Our subscription gives you access to Everand’s audiobook library! Whether you're on the road, listening while you multitask, or simply prefer listening to a good story, you'll be able to enjoy great audiobooks on Everand.
Locating an audiobook
There are two ways to find audiobooks on Everand, browsing or searching. If you don’t have a specific title in mind, select the ‘Audiobooks’ tab at the top of the screen on our website or the app homepage. There you'll see a few options for browsing our audiobook content library: an Overview of recommendations and curated lists, Categories where you can narrow your browsing down by specific genres and interests, and of course the Editors' Picks' curated lists.
You're welcome to search for a specific audiobook as well!
- Enter your search phrase (we recommend searching for a title or author) in the search bar. When you scroll through the results, you'll first find all content types matching your search.
- Select the tab 'Audiobooks' to see all the titles matching your results in the audio format. We have a guide on how to search and browse the Everand library here if you need some tips and tricks on exploring the vast amount of titles we have available!
- When you find an audiobook you're interested in, click on the book cover to be taken to the book's "About" page.
Beneath the book cover, you'll see a button to “Start Listening” or you can save the title for later.
Listening to an audiobook
To start playing the book, select Start Listening and our audiobook player will open!
You'll see playback control buttons below the title with several options to control your reading experience: move back a chapter using the dual arrows pointing left, skip forward a chapter with the dual arrows pointing right, and pause the book at any time on the audio page. There's also a 'jump' option to fast forward or rewind — just look for the arrows with the circular tails to the left and right of the pause/play button.
You can also:
- Use the Table of Contents menu in the upper left-hand corner to skip ahead or backtrack in a book a bit farther than just a chapter or two. Just click the icon, which resembles a checklist, and you'll be able to select any chapter right away!
- Select the moon icon in the audio player to use the sleep timer.
- Prefer your narrator slow down a little, or speed things up? You can control the playback speed by selecting the icon at the lower left which says "1x" or similar, depending on your current selection.
If you prefer to use our app, the interactions are very similar, plus you will have the ability to save the audiobook for offline listening!
In our Android app, playback speed changes are only supported if your device is running Android 6.0 or newer.
Downloading an audiobook in the app
Just like our ebooks, you’re welcome to download audiobooks to your device for offline listening by opening the title, selecting the vertical menu in the upper right corner, and choosing the 'Download' option! For more information, check out Using Everand offline.