- How do I send someone a Scribd gift membership?
- What kinds of gift memberships are available?
- How does the recipient redeem a Scribd gift membership?
- What if the person I give a Scribd gift membership to is already a paying member?
- What devices can members use to access the Scribd library?
- Do Scribd gift memberships expire?
- Is this a physical gift card?
- I don’t have the email of the person I want to give this to. What do I do?
- I’m purchasing this gift membership today so I don’t have to stress about it anymore, but I don’t want the recipient to get it until later. What do I do?
- I’m trying to send a Scribd Gift Membership to someone in another country. Is that ok?
- I just received an e-card for a Scribd gift membership. What is that?
- Do I need to enter my credit card information in order to redeem a gift membership?
- I'd like to learn more about Scribd premium memberships.
Is there anything better than a good book? We sure don't think so. So then what's a better way to show someone that you care than giving them access to over half a million books? Someone's birthday coming up? Want to send the best 'Thank you' note ever? Need a gift for that book lover that's so hard to buy for? Gift a Scribd membership and give them hundreds of thousands of books to enjoy at their heart's content! That's the best gift we could think of, too.
It’s easy! First, click here to open the gift purchase page. Select the duration of membership time (3, 6, or 12 months) and write a personal message, then fill in the recipient’s information. Next, decide how and when you wish it to be delivered -- we can either email the card for you (now or at a later date) or you can print it out and hand-deliver it yourself.
You can select from three options: 3 months for $25 USD, 6 months for $50 USD, or 1 year for $100 USD.
Once your lucky recipient has received their code, there are a few ways to redeem:
- If we sent them their e-card via email, they just need to click on the link included in the email to view their card and redeem it, it will say 'Redeem Now'.
- They can head over to www.scribd.com/redeem and enter in the gift code.
- If you decided to print out the card, then the instructions will be listed with it.
That’s ok! The time value of the Scribd gift subscription will be applied to their existing subscription. They just need to log into their Scribd account and go through the redemption process. Once they’ve redeemed the gift membership on their account, they won't be charged for their regular subscription until your gift expires!
If your recipient has an active Scribd subscription through iTunes, they’ll need to cancel their subscription prior to redeeming the gift. The same is true for some of our longtime PayPal subscribers (more recent subscribers using this payment method should be able to apply gift subscriptions as normal). We know it’s a bit of a hassle for these subscribers to use a gift membership, and for that we apologize. Due to restrictions on adjusting these payment methods, we are unable to modify subscriptions purchased via iTunes or PayPal directly, which includes automatically adding gift membership time to an existing subscription. Not to worry, here’s a quick overview of this process and what to expect:
- First, the existing iTunes or PayPal subscription will need to be canceled. Please refer to our article “How do I cancel my Premium membership?” for specific instructions, particularly for iTunes subscribers.
- Once the membership is canceled, it will need to expire. This means waiting until the end of the subscription period - for example, if your membership billed you on the 15th and is then canceled, it will remain active until the 15th of the next month.
- After the subscription expires, the gift code can be redeemed by heading to www.scribd.com/redeem!
During this process, including waiting for the subscription to expire, the membership will remain active, with full access to all of the premium Scribd features. The transition should be seamless and easy and they can always contact Scribd support to check the status of their account!
The Scribd app is available on iOS/iPad OS devices (iOS 11 or newer), Android devices (Android 5.0 or newer), and devices like Fire tablets and the Nook Tablet. Readers can also use Scribd through a laptop or desktop browser, so your recipient should have no trouble reading on Scribd. If you’re interested in using our Scribd app, check out our article “Installing the Scribd app” for more information and detailed installation instructions.
Scribd gift membership codes have no expiration. If your recipient isn't quite ready to read, no need to worry! They can redeem the code at a later date when they're ready to dive into a good book.
Gift memberships are sent as an email including the gift code to redeem the purchase, but if you prefer a physical gift, you can always print out the customized voucher and give it to the recipient in person. That way you can see that big smile they'll get when they realize they now have access to more books than they can read in a lifetime.
Don’t stress, you can give Scribd gift memberships the old school way!
During the customization process of purchasing the gift, choose the “Print” option, and we’ll send you a printable template of the gift membership voucher. Print the card out, and you can snail mail or deliver it by hand.
I’m purchasing this gift membership today so I don’t have to stress about it anymore, but I don’t want the recipient to get it until later. What do I do?
We understand; you want to plan ahead and not be caught by surprise when the big occasion finally comes up, we totally get it. You can schedule the email to be sent on a future date! Or, simply go with the physical card option: print it out, and hand-deliver it when the day arrives. But never fear, if you want to buy ahead, you just have to put in the date that you want it emailed to your gift recipient and we'll email it that day, and send you a confirmation when it's done.
Of course — Scribd is available worldwide! Scribd can be accessed in any country unless local service providers or authorities have blocked it. For specific international questions, please contact us.
A Scribd gift membership provides access to the entire premium Scribd library, with over 500,000 titles from 900+ publishers, including bestsellers and new releases. We have ebooks, audiobooks, sheet music, articles, and more available on Scribd. Scribd is available as an app on your phone or tablet, or in your browser, so you can read anywhere, anytime. Read more about the Scribd membership here!
Not at all! It's a gift, all paid for and ready for you. You just need to sign up for a free account or log into Scribd's website to redeem your gift membership and start reading. Go to www.scribd.com/redeem to take advantage of the gift you received!
The best place to start is with these most frequently asked questions. For even more details, check out our other guides and faqs. If you don't find the answers you're looking for, never fear! Just contact Scribd support and we'll be happy to assist you.