Our commitment to accessibility
At Scribd, we're committed to our subscribers. Whether you’re using assistive technologies like a screen reader, a magnifier, voice recognition software, or switch technology, or if you find that you have other accessibility needs, we believe all of our subscribers should be able to access and use our service via our website and mobile website. Because we embrace the values of diversity and inclusion in all that we do, our mission is to make Scribd the choice for reading leisure, for all individuals.
How do we accomplish our goals?
- The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA are recognized and acknowledged as the international standard measure of success. We are working to meet those standards, and will regularly test our site to ensure compliance. We are incorporating accessibility and inclusive design as an integral part of all our digital work: during project planning, implementation, and site improvements based on subscriber feedback.
- We are working with advocacy groups, accessibility and usability specialists to make sure our sites function properly.
- We're always learning. Our teams learn from everything we do, and we always look for improvements in performance, speed, and accessibility.
Steps we are taking to improve accessibility
Here are some of the items we are addressing to make sure our website and mobile website are as easy to use as possible for all Subscribers:
- Site Structure: We are working to use appropriate headings, lists, paragraphs and other formatting features on scribd.com so that subscribers can understand the content and navigate more easily with assistive technology.
- Text Equivalents: People who either can't see images or hear audio may need some form of a text equivalent to interact with our sites. We are working to ensure our images and multimedia are fully accessible through alternative text, captions and transcripts.
- Full Keyboard Access: We are working to ensure that everything we build can be accessed using a keyboard.
- Site Consistency: We're working towards consistency in the way we build our website and mobile website. Once you understand how our navigation and service functions, our goal is to ensure that you will be able to interact with our website and mobile website with consistent functionality.
Need help or have feedback?
Please send any questions about accessibility to email@example.com.
Resources, strategies and guidelines to help make the web fully accessible to persons with disabilities.